Schedule appointments securely and conveniently online.
Currently, we are fully booked for initial visit appointments through the end of February. Our schedule for March will be opening next month. Please check back at that time to schedule an appointment. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience.
Please note our new location as of November 1, 2017
232 Douglas Avenue, Suite A
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Steps for scheduling an appointment:
- Find your desired appointment time.
- During the online booking, you will be asked to place a credit card for the amount shown on hold. This will be charged in the event you do not show up for your appointment, or you cancel less than 48 hours prior to your appointment time, or by 11am on Friday for Monday appointments. The credit card stored will also be used to cover co-pays and visit fees as outlined in our financial policy.
- Accepted Insurances: Tricare, as well as commercial (non-Medicaid): Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Optima, and United Healthcare plans. We urge you to contact your insurance provider to have a better understanding of what is covered by your specific plan. CPT codes are outlined in our Fee Schedule.
- Initial Visits:
- Initial visits are separated into two parts. Part 1: The Developmental Assessment, Part 2: Feedback Session.
- Please schedule Parts 1 and 2 for separate days, ensuring they are spaced about a week or less apart.
- Please access the "Welcome Packet" under the Forms tab on this website. This contains important instructions and questionnaires which need to be completed so that you receive the most from your upcoming visit.
- Transfer of Care from Richmond Practice:
- If your child has been seen by Dr. Frazier at her Richmond location, and you would like to receive ongoing care, we are glad you found us!
- Please schedule an appointment for "Transfer of Care from Dr. Frazier's Richmond Practice."
- Please also access the "Transfer to Pathways" welcome packet under the Forms tab. Please bring completed forms to your scheduled appointment.
We want to get to know your child well. Initial visits are separated into two sessions:
Part 1- Developmental Assessment:
Generally lasting 60-80 minutes, this includes review of all questionnaires and previous evaluations, parent and child interview, neurodevelopmental exam, standardized developmental testing, physical exam, and structured behavioral observation.
Part 2- Feedback Session:
Diagnoses and information from the assessment are reviewed with parents without their child present. A treatment plan is also outlined and parents are provided with a written report of the visit.
Benefits of having two separate sessions:
We know coming to the doctor requires scheduling changes and juggling on your part. We've found that most children are ready to go after 60-90 minutes of an assessment. Having a separate, parent only feedback session also allows for open discussion of any findings without little ears being exposed to terminology we may wish to share in a different way. It also allows for parents to ask questions freely without distraction.